We're committed to being a leading customer-focused organisation that works together to make things easier for our customers.
Customer Experience Survey Prize Winners
Thank you to everyone who completed the Hobsons Bay City Council Customer Experience survey in July and August. Your feedback assists us to assess how well we are delivering services and to identify opportunities for improvement.
The surveys are automatically sent to customers of Hobsons Bay City Council on completion of their service request and includes the option to go into the draw to win a $150 gift voucher.
The winners of July’s randomly drawn prizes are Susan Duff and David Richardson. The winners of August’s randomly drawn prizes are Gail Sinclair and Robyn Mayberry. All winners have been notified.
Customer service charter
The Customer Service Charter outlines our commitment to our customers. Council staff, contractors and Councillors promise to:
- actively listen to you and show empathy
- be friendly, polite and professional
- provide consistent, timely and accurate advice
- answer phone calls and web chats promptly
- return phone messages within two working days
- acknowledge email enquiries within two working days
- acknowledge letter enquiries within five working days
- aim to resolve your matter promptly and keep you updated along the way
- make sure everyone is included by using the most appropriate method of consultation and engagement
- make it easy for you to connect with us
- respect your privacy and treat your personal information as confidential
- encourage your feedback and use this information to help us learn and improve our service
Customer Focus Charter
Council is committed to providing excellent customer service. Our Customer Focus Charter details our service commitment to our community, visitors, councillors and staff.
We are committed to:
- responding to enquiries, requests and feedback efficiently and effectively
- resolving enquiries in the first instance or, if specialised advice is required, referring your enquiry to a subject expert for resolution
- making it easier to connect through a range of contact methods
- being courteous, polite and professional at all times
- providing consistent and accurate information
- respecting and protecting personal information and privacy
- encouraging feedback and using that information to continuously improve and develop our services
- ensuring that our service options are accessible to customers with diverse needs and backgrounds
- providing environmentally sustainable service options
You can help us to assist you by:
- providing accurate information to support your enquiry or request
- advising us if your contact details have changed
- understanding that we may not be able to investigate or respond to anonymous reports
- treating our staff with the same courtesy and respect you would expect
Customer Focus Strategy 2016-19
Customer Focus Strategy 2016-19(PDF, 701KB)