Council encourages community groups to submit ideas for projects that contribute towards environmental sustainability. Click here to find out other community grants and funding opportunities.
Check out this video to get inspired and find out about the sorts of projects that the Environment Grants can support!
Make it Happen Grants Have Now Closed
The Hobsons Bay Make it Happen, Recovery and Reconnection grants program provides funding to support our community to ‘make things happen’ as we learn about, work through and adapt to the impacts experienced in our city as a result of COVID-19.
The program provides support to enable activities, projects, programs, events and resources across all sectors including environment, sustainability, sport and recreation, arts and culture, health and wellbeing, multicultural, community and neighbourhood development, technology, projects by and for young people, children and families and more.
Make it Happen, Recovery and Reconnection funding has now closed for applications.
Keep up to date on upcoming opportunities here.
Past Community Environment Grants
Since the Community Environment Grants began in 2015, over 50 grants of up to $2,000 each have been awarded. These have helped local people to undertake projects to support and enhance positive environmental outcomes for our community. The following are just some examples of projects that have been successful in securing funding:
- Upcycling guitars for music education programs in Hobsons Bay
- Diverting broken toys for recycling and expanding the library collection with pre-loved toys
- A two week biodiversity-focused exhibition
- A bee-keeping and education program
- Gardening for Life program
- ‘To High School and Beyond’ sustainability project
- Sustainable and water wise gardening program
- ‘Fresh Thinking for Forgotten Food’ community workshops
- Excursions to learn new skills to help care for the environment
- Climate Change Conversations project