Detox your Home - Altona, 12 February 2022
Where Hobsons Bay Operations Centre
Sugargum Drive, Altona
When Saturday 12 February 2022
9am to 1pm
Registrations essential, click here to register your attendance
Follow these simple steps to safely dispose of your household chemicals:
- Check what’s accepted
We don’t accept paint, fluorescent lights, batteries and some other items. Click here to find where to dispose of these items.
- Register online
Registration is now essential, as you’ll need your order number to enter the event.
- On the day, follow these safety procedures:
- clearly and accurately label your items, using the original packaging if possible. If not, write the contents clearly using a permanent marker. If you’re unsure of the contents, label them 'unknown'
- put your items safely in your empty car boot or utility tray
- bring your order number (from your registration)
- only one person per car. You won’t need to unload anything yourself
- drive in and follow the signage and directions
- stay in the car, and our chemists will do the rest
- follow the public health measures that are in place. For more information, visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Victoria website
For other Detox your Home events across Victoria please visit Sustainability Victoria.
Disposing of chemical products in the regular kerbside garbage bin is dangerous and should be avoided as products can leak, mix, ignite or explode.
Residents should not pour chemicals down domestic drains as they can pollute waterways, harm wildlife, contaminate drinking water and make beaches and rivers unsafe for swimming.