Hobsons Bay City Council recognises the important role that it plays in creating an environment that facilitates business growth and retention and promotes Hobsons Bay as a place to do business and invest.
Council has a team of experienced economic development and investment facilitation professionals who work with developers, potential investors and other related stakeholders to facilitate investment within the municipality. This team is available to support and assist you in navigating the investment journey.
Council delivers a range of programs and initiatives focussed on assisting local businesses to develop and grow. Current initiatives include:
- Hobsons Bay Business Excellence Awards, established to highlight and promote leaders in the local business community
- a dedicated Hobsons Bay Business website, including comprehensive information and links on doing business in Hobsons Bay
- investment facilitation and support
- an annual calendar of business workshops and seminars
- regular business networking events
- facilitation of the Hobsons Bay Works – Business Networking LinkedIn Group
- monthly Hobsons Bay Business e-Works newsletter sent to subscribers
- free small business mentoring with BEC@Kangan
For more information on Council's suite of economic development programs, please visit Hobsons Bay Business.