A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23
NOTE: Council is in the process of updating A Fair Hobsons Bay for All. An updated draft policy has been developed to take account of changes to policy and funding contexts, and has been informed by evaluation, research, and extensive preliminary engagement.
You can have your say on the draft from Monday 18 September until Monday 16 October 2023. Please share your feedback by completing our survey or making a more detailed submission. Your responses will help shape the final draft, which will be considered for adoption by Council.
For more information, please visit https://participate.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/fairhb
Council has committed to applying an 'equity lens' to its operations when it adopted its first integrated social policy, A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23.
The policy strives to influence the social conditions for those who live, work, learn and play in Hobsons Bay and prioritises populations who may be more likely to experience disadvantage.
Priority populations include:
- children and young people (0-25 years)
- older people (55 years and over)
- people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- people living with a disability
- women and girls
- lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual (LGBTIQA+) and gender diverse communities
The policy incorporates five themes:
- designing and building for fair access
- an inclusive and equitable place
- fair opportunities for participation in the economic environment
- a natural environment that can be accessed and enjoyed by all
- leadership as a socially just organisation
View the documents below:
A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23(PDF, 1MB)
A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23 - Summary Document(PDF, 148KB)
For further information, previous strategy documents or the background report, contact the Social and Strategic Planning team on 1300 179 944 or at email@example.com.