A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23
Council has committed to applying an 'equity lens' to its operations with the adoption of its first integrated social policy, A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23.
The Policy strives to influence the social conditions for those who live, work, learn and play in Hobsons Bay and prioritises populations who may be more likely to experience disadvantage.
Priority populations include:
- Children and Young People (0-25 years)
- Older People (55 years and over)
- People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- People living with a disability
- Women and girls
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Asexual (LGBTIQA+) and gender diverse communities
A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23 incorporates five themes:
- designing and building for fair access
- an inclusive and equitable place
- fair opportunities for participation in the economic environment
- a natural environment that can be accessed and enjoyed by all
- leadership as a socially just organisation
View the documents below:
A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23(PDF, 1MB)
A Fair Hobsons Bay for All 2019-23 - Summary Document(PDF, 148KB)
For further information, previous strategy documents or the background report, contact the Social and Strategic Planning team on 1300 179 944 or at email@example.com.