Easier and more convenient access to Council services
We are making it easier for the community to access hundreds of Council services – and all you will need to do is visit your local library.
Council+ brings together library services and council customer services to eight sites across Hobsons Bay.
The customer service staff at libraries will soon be able to assist visitors with queries ranging from rates and parking to waste and planning.
Our friendly team are able to find the answer to your question or put you in touch with the right person.
While this is an important expansion of our services, it does not change the fantastic offerings at our five local libraries.
Council delivers more than 100 services to the community every month. The addition of library service centres simply means many residents and businesses will be able to access these services in person, closer to home and our thriving shopping hubs.
The first Council+ centres will be at Williamstown, Altona North, and Altona Meadows libraries. More sites will follow later in the year.
Soon we will also launch our Centres for Excellence, which will turn each Council+ service centre into a hub of specialist knowledge such as Heritage, Technology, and Environment with expert staff on hand. We will keep the community updated on this exciting program.
*Note: Cash payments will only be available at the Civic Centre. Eftpos will be available at all other Council+ service centres.
You’re invited to join the community celebrations to launch Council+ with three big events:
Williamstown Library, Thursday 26 May, 2.15pm to 5pm
Altona North Community Library, Friday 27 May, 10am to 11am
Altona Meadows Library and Learning Centre, Friday 27 May, 2.45pm to 4.30pm
- free coffee
- delicious food
- kids’ activities
- and more!
The first 100 to arrive will receive a free library tote bag.
More Council+ service centres will be launched by the end of the year. Future updates will be announced on this page.
Following the Council+ launch, you can visit a Council+ service centre to:
- borrow a book
- attend an event
- pay your rates
- apply for a parking permit and/or accessible parking permit
- use video conferencing, a computer or printer
- book a meeting space
- upsize your bin
- check a planning application
- ask about Aged and Disability services such as Meals on Wheels and home maintenance
- be connected with a Council subject expert or librarian
Current Libraries and Civic Centre opening hours
For the latest news and launch information, sign up to the Hobsons Bay Libraries monthly eNewsletter:
Sign up to receive the Hobsons Bay Libraries' eNewsletter.
Council+ launch community competition!
Community members attending any of the Council+ launches will be able to enter this competition for a chance to win one of three prizes.
- $100 EFTPOS gift card
- $50 EFTPOS gift card
- $25 EFTPOS gift card
To enter, community members must visit 10 of the Council+ stalls on the days of the launches, and receive a stamp on their entry card*. Once the card is filled they must complete their details on the back of the card before dropping it into the competition box.
*The entry card will be supplied at the launches.
Council+ launch community competition: Terms and Conditions
‘Terms and Conditions’:
Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
1. The Promoter is Hobsons Bay City Council.
2. Entry is open to all residents of Hobsons Bay. However, employees of Hobsons Bay City Council are not eligible to enter. Immediate families of employees are eligible to enter.
3. The competition commences on Thursday 26th May at 2pm and closes on Friday 27th May at 5pm (AEST).
4. Entrants enter by attending one of the three Council+ launches and completing the Council+ passport. Entrants can only enter once. Entrants may only win one prize.
5. To enter
a. Visit any of the three Council+ launches at:
- Williamstown library on Thursday 26 May 2022 from 2pm until 5pm
- Altona North Library on Friday 27 May 2022 from 10am until 11am
- Altona Meadows Library and Learning Centre on Friday 27 May 2022 from 2pm until 4:30pm
b. Visit any of the Council+ stalls taking part in the competition and receive a stamp on your Council+ passport
c. Complete your contact details on the back of the passport
d. Submit your card into the entry box
d. You can only enter once
e. Entry is only through the entry box.
6. Prizes will be drawn on Tuesday 31 May, 10:30am at the Altona Civic Centre. The winners will be contacted via email.
7. There are three prizes.
- First prize $100 eftpos giftcard
- Second prize $50 eftpos giftcard
- Third prize $25 eftpos giftcard
8. Prizes are not redeemable for cash, nor are the prizes transferable or exchangeable. The vouchers will be addressed in the name you provide with your competition entry and confirmed with each winner.
9. By accepting a prize, you consent to have your first name displayed on the Promoter’s social media pages and website.
10. Once prizes have left the Promoter’s premises; the Promoter takes no responsibility for prizes lost or stolen.
11. The Promoter's decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entry which, in the opinion of the Promoter, includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements, disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the promotion and/or Promoter.
13. Entries must be received by 5pm (AEST) on Friday 27 May 2022. The time of entry will be based on the time it is received into the entry box. Entries will only be accepted via the entry box. The promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
Thank you for visiting the Council+ launches and good luck!
Privacy Collection Statement
Hobsons Bay City Council is committed to protecting your privacy. The personal information and supplied by you will be used by Council to contact you to collect your prize. Your personal information will not be disclosed to any external party without your consent, unless required or authorised by law. As part of the competition, Council is able to share public posts through Council’s social media platforms. You have the right to access your personal information and make corrections. If you have any queries or wish to gain access to amend your information, please contact Council’s Privacy Officer on 1300 179 944.