Situated just 15 minutes from Melbourne’s CBD, the newly renovated 1920s Greek Revival architecture of the Williamstown Town Hall is the perfect venue for a range of functions including, concerts, formal dinners, weddings, fundraisers, ceremonies, expos, cultural and civic events, or conferences and meetings.
As part of the new precinct, incorporating the Williamstown Library and newly landscaped forecourt, the Town Hall has main road exposure and ample parking. The link way, shared with the Library, offers an additional accessible entry which can operate in tandem with the original front entrance.
The Town Hall offers a variety of rooms for hire that can be adapted to your specific needs. Choose from numerous premier settings - the majestic Ballroom, intimate Supper Room, original Council Chamber or one of our classic Meeting Rooms.
The Town Hall can provide excellent facilities and the flexibility you need to create your own personal style for your event. With help from our experienced professional staff, all of the rooms can be adapted to suit your specific requirements.
Contact us today to discuss your event requirements via our online contact form on call 1300 179 944
PLEASE NOTE: Venue Inspections are by appointment only. Please contact our office to arrange a suitable date and time.
Venue COVID Information
- No QR Code check-in or vaccination requirements
- Hand sanitiser is available throughout the building
Permitted Event Times
- Events may open to the public at 8am on weekdays
- Events may open to the public at 9am on weekends and public holidays
- Sunday to Thursday events, including music, speeches, meals and drinks service, must finish at 11.30pm with all patrons clear of the venue by 12am
- Friday, Saturday and Public Holiday eve events including music, speeches, meals and drinks service, must finish at 12am with all patrons clear of the venue by 12.30am
- External caterers may be used, contact us for more information
- Preferred caterers may be found in the Venue Information Guide
Our Ballroom can seat up to 1100 guests in traditional theatre style or 450 guest in cabaret style and our elegantly tiled foyer sets the perfect atmosphere for relaxed pre-dinner drinks. An original glass airlock entices guests into the grand ballroom which features high ornate ceilings, wood panelling and timber floors.
For something a little more intimate, our Supper Room provides an elegant setting. Accessed through its own courtyard is an ideal location for a cocktail function or more traditional, but intimate occasion with up to 220 guests providing a picturesque quaint setting for your event.
With French polished wood features and stately fittings, the Chamber is a warm and inviting space. The ornate ceilings, classical windows and original light fittings create an elegant setting for intimate functions, corporate meetings or events for up to 100 people.
Our classic meeting rooms are warm, comfortable spaces which have been beautifully restored. The rooms can comfortably accommodate around 15 people each and are great for break-out sessions and workshops or that special business breakfast.