Build Over Easement

Regulation 130 of the Building Regulations 2018 requires the report and consent of a service authority to construct a building over an easement that is vested in the service authority. A service authority can be Council (for drainage), an electricity supply authority, a gas supply authority, a sewerage authority or a water supply authority. Easements may contain sewer only, stormwater drain only, a combination of both or may be empty.

To verify whether there are easements on an allotment, obtain a current Plan of Subdivision from Land Titles Office (Victoria).