An important tool in caring for a heritage building can be a conservation management plan (CMP). A CMP documents what is significant about a place in more detail than the statement of significance in the Heritage Study. It also documents what policies are appropriate to enable a maximum level of heritage significance be retained in its future use and development. For most places it deals with the management of change.
Conservation Management Plans have been prepared by either the Council or the private owner of the following historic buildings in Hobsons Bay:
- Ann Street Footbridge, Williamstown
- The Bristol Hotel, 190 Ferguson Street, Williamstown
- Historic Cottage, 11 Cox's Garden, Williamstown
- Williamstown Croquet Club Pavilion, Victoria Street, Williamstown
- Williamstown Botanic Gardens, Esplanade, Williamstown
- Williamstown Cemetery, Champion Road, Williamstown
- Williamstown Primary School, Electra Street, Williamstown
- Williamstown Mechanics Institute, Electra Street, Williamstown
- Williamstown Town Hall, Ferguson Street, Williamstown
- Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Nelson Place, Williamstown
Williamstown Botanic Gardens
Champion Road, Williamstown
For more information or copies of the above CMPs please contact the Council's Strategic Planning Unit on 9932 1000.