Upcoming local events supported by West Gate Neighbourhood Fund
- Deakin Arts Festival
- April 5 -Scienceworks opening event launch, sculptures, sounds and more
- April 15 and 16 - James Nguyen’s 24 hour event, across assorted locations in Brooklyn beginning at Altona Gate
- Event details www.treatment3.org.au
- Slow Food Farmers’ Market - Urban harvest website launch
- Saturday 25 March (at the market)
- 63 The Avenue Spotswood, 10am
- Light refreshments will be served so please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org
Slow Food | Slow Food Melbourne
The $10 million West Gate Neighbourhood Fund launched in November 2019 to support inner west communities during tunnel construction. It prioritises those most affected and ensures that the benefits to the local community start now.
There have been three rounds of funding and the last Partnership Round will open by mid-2023.
This provides funding for larger projects seeking over $100,000 that:
- deliver lasting benefits
- assist organisations to implement community infrastructure and capital equipment programs the improve community connections
More details can be found at Victoria’s Big Build
Successful Grants from Round 2
There were 22 successful Round 2 community grants across Hobsons Bay and Maribyrnong with a total value of $499,765. 12 are in Hobsons Bay, totaling $314,072.
A brief description of the 12 successful applications within Hobsons Bay follows:
- The Hobsons Bay Wetlands Centre (HBWC) will hold an Open Day in October 2023 for World Mental Health Day - $20,000
- Edge to Edge Laverton is Western Edge’s Community Youth Theatre performance 2023 series. Stronger Together - $20,000
- Rotary Club of Williamstown and Dads of Newport & Newport Scouts will host a 2023 Halloween Party in the Park - $12,436
- Wynspeak Hobsons Bay 2023 will host a Youth Public Speaking Competition - $2,200
- Association Islamic Dakwah in Australia will buy four table tennis tables to provide social recreational activity and improve community connectedness - $5,678
- Altona Miniature Railway will buy new passenger carriages to enable more miniature train rides for the community - $10,000
- Melbourne City soccer club will provide a Junior Female Football Initiative - $9,500
- U3A Altona will purchase new classroom equipment, a smart TV and laptop on a mobile stand - $3,940
- Brooklyn Residents Action Group will install artwork along the Kororoit Creek shared trail - $98,400
- Friends of Lower Kororoit Creek will revitalise the 1880’s heritage listed unique blue stone bridge - $86,100
- Williamstown Community and Education Centre (WCEC) will establish a new computer training room at Altona North Community House (ANCH) - $23,810
- Friends of Newport Lakes received funds for water quality monitoring equipment & training volunteers to report water quality and a small native flowering program - $22,008
- All of these grants will be administered by Westgate Neighbourhood Fund and their team will answer all of your queries.