Altona Parking Management Strategy - Project update
Last year Council presented a plan to the Hobsons Bay community proposing changes to parking at Altona Beach and the surrounding local streets, including introducing parking meters.
The changes aimed to:
- improve the availability of parking near the beach
- address parking and access issues on local streets over summer
Community feedback on the plan confirmed there was need to better manage parking in Altona.
Recommendations from the community resulted in the following changes to the plan:
- proposed 1-hour parking were extended to 2-hour parking on residential streets
- parking restrictions on residential streets to apply only over the summer peak (November-March only)
- extending the areas where the changes would be made on residential streets.
The results of the community consultation are shown here(PDF, 47KB).
Parking Management Strategy
The parking management strategy and installation of parking meters was endorsed by Council at the Council meeting 13 December 2022
The final plan of parking changes is detailed on the map here(PDF, 251KB).
Parking Permits for Residents
All Hobsons Bay residents are eligible for ticket machine parking permits, which will allow you to park for free in ticket machine areas (time restrictions still apply).
Residents of the local streets with timed parking are eligible for residential parking permits and one visitor parking permit per household, which will exempt permit holders from the time restrictions in their street.
For more information on parking permits and to apply, visit www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/parking, or call Council on 1300 179 944.
Works to install the parking signs and line marking have been scheduled for March and April.
Further notification will be provided to residents before works begin on their street.