The Hobsons Bay Aquatic Strategy was endorsed by Council in July 2019. You can view the endorsed strategy here(PDF, 9MB) .
The Aquatic Strategy will provide high quality and accessible aquatic facilities that encourage a healthy active and connected community. To achieve the vision, Council will deliver three objectives:
- high quality facilities that best provide for the community of Hobsons Bay in the east and west of the municipality
- accessible, affordable and inclusive facilities and participation outcomes
- well-planned, well-maintained and well-managed facilities
Alongside these objectives are recommended options that include two aquatic centres, one in the east and one in the west of the city. More specifically, this approach includes:
- a new aquatic facility, proposed location at Bruce Comben Reserve, Altona Meadows to service the Western end of the municipality
- the construction of water play and youth facilities at McCormack Park to replace the Laverton Swim and Fitness Centre
- the expansion of Bayfit Leisure Centre, Altona North to service the eastern end of the municipality
Development of the Hobsons Bay City Council Aquatic Strategy
The strategy occurred in 5 stages:
||Assessment of consultation and development of draft strategy
||Public exhibition of draft strategy
||Endorsed 9 July 2019
If you would like more information on the development of this strategy, visit Council’s Participate website, call 9932 1000 or email the project team here.