Westgate Neighbourhood Fund
The West Gate Neighbourhood Fund has been established by the Victorian Government to support communities in Melbourne’s inner west during the construction of the West Gate Tunnel Project.
The $10 million government fund is managed by the West Gate Tunnel Project, Major Transport Infrastructure Authority, who are also responsible for managing the West Gate Tunnel Project on behalf of the Victorian Government.
Offered in two components – partnerships and grants, the West Gate Neighbourhood Fund will allow not-for-profit groups to access funding for projects that bring people together and build community capacity.
The program is designed to support these inner west communities, prioritising those who are most affected by the construction of the West Gate Tunnel Project, ensuring that the benefits of the project to the local community start now.
A range of activities will be eligible for funding through the program, including projects that:
- celebrate heritage, history or diversity
- contribute to safe and liveable environments
- focus on arts and culture
- emphasise learning and development, or
- enable greater participation and access of community members
There will be one round of partnerships and one round of grants each financial year.
To keep up to date with the West Gate Neighbourhood Fund information please refer to the link in the Related Information section: https://westgatetunnelproject.vic.gov.au/community/grants
Westgate Neighbourhood Fund - Grants Round
On Friday 7 May 2021 the West Gate Tunnel Neighbourhood Fund launched the Grants Round to the Community. The grants stream will support community led projects that improve community access and participation. Not-for-profit community organisations can apply for funding in three categories:
- Up to $10,000 for a one-off project or activity that aims to improve community connectedness and participation
- Up to $20,000 for festivals, events, and installations that bring local people together
- Up to $100,000 for improvements to local community, sporting and recreation facilities, and local environments.
Grant writing workshops and information sessions will be held in support of this opportunity.
This round closed midnight Friday 18 June 2021. Announcements should be made September 2021.
For opening dates for the next Partnership Round, please visit:
Follow link: West Gate Neighbourhood Fund - Grants stream – West Gate Tunnel Project