Built in the mid-1840s by Alfred and Sarah Langhorne, Altona Homestead was the first homestead built on the foreshore of Port Phillip Bay. Remaining a private residence until 1920, the homestead changed ownership a number of times and served as a seaside holiday village, Council offices, meeting place for community groups and even a dentist.
In 1989, the refurbished building was officially opened to the public and is home to the Altona Laverton Historical Society.
On the first Sunday of every month, visitors to the Altona Homestead can enjoy Devonshire Tea between 10:30am and 2:30pm and go on a ghost tour at 8:30pm. Head to the Altona Homestead website for more information.
Due to COVID-19, the homesteamd is due to reopen 4 July but no Devonshire tea sessions until safe to do so.
Group and School bookings by appointment
P: 0447 840 895
E: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Corner of Queen Street and Pier Street