Residential bins

Following a one-year review in July 2021 of Hobsons Bay’s kerbside waste service, Council will implement a range of changes to further improve our waste management system. These changes include:

  • introducing weekly collections for general waste
  • transitioning food organics and garden organics (FOGO) collections to fortnightly
  • trialling the use of compostable paper bags for FOGO

Council is developing an implementation plan for the changes and will keep the community updated on timeframes. Until then, it is business as usual with the current scheduled collections and calendars.

New and additional bins or bin size changes

If you would like to request a new bin, an additional bin or change the size of an existing general rubbish or food and garden waste bin, please complete this bin form(PDF, 94KB)  or the online version below.


Withdraw from additional bin service

If you would like to withdraw form an existing additional bin service, please complete this form(PDF, 90KB) .

Please forward completed forms to; or mail to Hobsons Bay City Council, PO Box 21, Altona VIC 3018.