Build on Flood Prone Land - Reg 153

As set out in the Building Act 1993 and the Building Regulations 2018, a report and consent is the process for consulting with and obtaining the approval of a reporting authority, in this instance Hobsons Bay City Council, when building work may affect assets, infrastructure or amenity of the community.

Under Regulation 5(2) of the Building Regulations 2018, where Council has designated land where a subject allotment is located as likely to be flooded by surface water, a report and consent will be required from Hobsons Bay City Council prior to a building permit being issued.