Council encourages community groups to submit ideas for projects that contribute towards environmental sustainability. Click here to find out other community grants and funding opportunities.
2020 Environmental Grants
Hobsons Bay’s Community Environment Grants are now open for applications! Submissions can be made until 5pm on Friday, 13 December.
Council invites eligible community groups and organisations to submit ideas for projects that meet an environmental need in the community and include an educational or capacity building component. Projects that focus on the following environmental priorities are encouraged:
- address climate change
- increase water security and sustainable water management
- value protect and enhance biodiversity
- reduce waste, promote composting, increase recycling or reduce litter
- active transport
There are two categories of Environment Grants that can be applied for:
- General Environmental Grants of up to $2,000, or
- Environmental Innovation Grants of up to $5,000
To apply, click here https://hobsonsbay.smartygrants.com.au/EnvironmentGrants2020.
To find out more, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9932 1000.
2019 Environment Grants
The 2019 Environment Grants have now closed. Applicants will be notified of the outcome in February 2019.
Please click on the link above to see other Council grant and funding opportunities. The next round of Environment Grants will be open for application in June 2019.
Council encourages community groups to submit ideas for projects that contribute towards environmental sustainability. Grants of up to $2,000 or special grants of up to $5,000 are available to groups for projects that aim to:
- reduce waste and litter, promote composting, increase recycling
- support climate change adaptation
- promote a low carbon future and reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- save mains (drinking) water
- protect and enhance our natural environment
To apply for a $5,000 grant, applicants must first speak with the Environmental Engagement Officer. The project must be innovative and dynamic. To find out more, please contact email@example.com or call (03) 9932 1000.