Sport & recreation clubs
Sport and Recreation Facilities - User Guide
Council has developed the 'Sport & Recreation Facilities - User Guide' to provide sport and recreation clubs with essential information regarding their use of Council facilities. It is recommended that clubs read the user guide in conjunction with their licence or lease agreement to ensure that they fully understand the role and responsibilities of both the club and Council in the management and use of sport and recreation facilities in Hobsons Bay.
Sport & Recreation Facilities User Guide(PDF, 1MB)
Online Allocation System (IMS)
Council uses the online application system IMS to manage seasonal sporting club's use of Council facilities.
Clubs are provided with login details when the online allocation system opens and are required to submit information including ground requirements, membership details, insurance and food/liquor licences.
Click here to access the online system
Club Development Program
The Hobsons Bay Club Development Program provides clubs with the ability to meet with Council's Sport and Recreation team, attend workshops and obtain information regarding available grants.
Club Development Calendar
Council’s Club Development Calendar offers Sport and Recreation clubs a number of workshops and learning opportunities to help grow the club. For a full list of opportunities visit Hobsons Bay Community Action and Leadership
Stay up to date with all you need to know including Council staff contact updates, processes and procedures, grant information, new initiatives and programs, current projects and good news stories from sports clubs in Hobsons Bay.
On the Ball newsletters can be accessed via Council's eNews portal here.
A key part of the Club Development Program is the opportunity for clubs to arrange a one on one meeting with a Council officer from the Sport and Recreation team. This is a great way to build a working relationship to plan for the future of the club and solve problems where relevant.
'Build Relationships - Plan for the Future'
Each club is encouraged to contact Council’s Sport and Recreation Officer to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Process for One on One meeting:
- Send an expression of interest to set up a meeting by emailing Council’s Sport and Recreation Officer, Jasmin Harrison at email@example.com or Courtney Lino at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a suitable time and location to meet
- Complete the ‘Pre Meeting Questionnaire’ and return this via email, prior to the meeting
- One on one meeting takes place
- Meeting summary notes to be provided by Sport and Recreation Officer within two weeks of meeting taking place
- meetings can be scheduled between 8am and 3pm, Monday to Friday, onsite or at the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre in Altona
- a maximum of two club representatives are permitted at the meeting (at least one must be on the club committee)
Sport and recreation grants
There are a range of funding sources available to sporting and recreational groups. These include local government, state and federal government, sporting organisations and corporations.
Sport and Recreation Victoria
Australian Sports Foundation
Hobsons Bay Community Grants