Sport & recreation clubs
Sport and Recreation Facilities - User Guide
Council has developed the Sport & Recreation Facilities - User Guide to provide sport and recreation clubs with essential information regarding their use of Council facilities. It is recommended that clubs read the user guide in conjunction with their licence or lease agreement to ensure that they fully understand the role and responsibilities of both the club and Council in the management and use of sport and recreation facilities in Hobsons Bay.
Sport & Recreation Facilities User Guide(PDF, 1MB)
Online Allocation System (IMS)
Council uses the online application system IMS to manage seasonal sporting club's use of Council facilities.
Clubs are provided with login details when the online allocation system opens and are required to submit information including ground requirements, membership details, insurance and food/liquor licences.
Click here to access the online system
Club Development Program
The Hobsons Bay Club Development Program provides clubs with the ability to meet with Council's Sport and Recreation team, attend workshops and obtain information regarding available grants.
Mind Your Game
Council ran the introductory session of the Mind Your Game program to clubs on Wednesday 31 July at Newport Hub.
If your club is interested in finding out more information about Mind Your Game please contact the Sport & Recreation team.
Mind Your Game flyer(PDF, 116KB)
The Inclusive Clubs Project, a program run by Leisure Networks, is half way through its 2020 program with some of our local Hobsons Bay Clubs.
The Inclusive Clubs Project aims to transform local sporting clubs into a more welcoming and inclusive organisation, accessible to everyone in the community.
The program began in early March, before moving online due to the COVID-19 restrictions. So far we have had a further three sessions online, with the club sessions set to conclude after our sixth session on 17 June.
The Clubs involved in the 2020 Program are:
- Altona Hockey Club
- Altona North Cricket Club
- Melbourne City Football Club
- Newport Ladies Lacrosse Club
- Newport Power Junior Football Club
- Williamstown CYMS Football Club
- Williamstown Lacrosse Club.
Stay up to date with all you need to know including Council staff contact updates, processes and procedures, grant information, new initiatives and programs, current projects and good news stories from sports clubs in Hobsons Bay.
On the Ball newsletters can be accessed via Council's eNews portal here.
A key part of the Club Development Program is the opportunity for clubs to arrange a one on one meeting with a Council officer from the Sport and Recreation team. This is a great way to build a working relationship to plan for the future of the club and solve problems where relevant.
'Build Relationships - Plan for the Future'
Each club is encouraged to contact Council’s Sport and Recreation Development Officer to arrange a meeting at a suitable time.
Process for One on One meeting:
- Send an expression of interest to set up a meeting by emailing Council’s Sport and Recreation Development Officer, Melissa Stojanovic at email@example.com
- Arrange a suitable time and location to meet
- Complete the ‘Pre Meeting Questionnaire’ and return this via email, prior to the meeting
- One on one meeting takes place
- Meeting summary notes to be provided by Sport and Recreation Development Officer within two weeks of meeting taking place
- meetings can be scheduled between 8am and 3pm, Monday to Friday, onsite or at the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre in Altona
- a maximum of two club representatives are permitted at the meeting (at least one must be on the club committee).
- for more information about the Club Development Program or one on one meetings, contact Council’s Sport and Recreation Development Officer, Lauren Dick on 9932 1297
Sport and recreation grants
There are a range of funding sources available to sporting and recreational groups. These include local government, state and federal government, sporting organisations and corporations.
Sport and Recreation Victoria
Australian Sports Foundation
Hobsons Bay Community Grants