Altona beach lockers
Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Council services are changing.
Information about Council's response to Coronavirus and the effect on services can be found here.
You can hire a locker to store your personal items while visiting Altona beach. Lockers are available for hire from Norfolk Café seven days a week from 8am to 5.30pm for a $5 fee.
Please ensure you collect your personal items and return your wristbands before 5.30pm each day. Personal items left in a locker overnight will be removed and held by Norfolk Café. Personal items can be collected from Norfolk Café during operating hours. If not collected within 30 days, the items will be disposed of.
If you require emergency after hours collection please call Council on 03 9932 1000; a $200 after hours call out fee will be charged for this service.
This facility has been provided by Council in partnership with the Altona Village Traders Association, Victoria Police, the Altona Lifesaving Club and Norfolk Café.
Terms and Conditions of beach locker use
- lockers will available for day hire between 8am and 5.30pm
- lockers will be allocated on a first-come-first-serve basis
- users will be provided with a locker wristband upon payment of a $5 non-refundable fee
- the locker shall be used solely for the purpose of storing personal items while at Altona Beach
- council and/or Norfolk Café reserve the right to open the locker and remove any offending items
- users must notify the Norfolk Café during operating hours if the wristband is lost, stolen or damaged
- personal items left in a locker overnight will be removed and held by Norfolk Café. Items can be collected from Norfolk Café during operating hours. If not collected within 30 days, the items will be disposed of
- Council and the Norfolk Café are not liable for any loss of personal items stored in these lockers
- should an after hour call-out be required, a non-refundable call-out fee of $200 will be charged to the user. For after-hours assistance, call 03 9932 1000