Plastic Free July 2021
Hobsons Bay City Council is stepping up its involvement in Plastic Free July by taking on the "Council Challenge". As a partner, our goal is to encourage residents to reduce plastic use and connect homes, workplaces, schools and business to spread solutions to plastic pollution.
Hobsons Bay is supporting our community to choose to refuse single-use plastics directly, and doing our part to alleviate the recycling crisis, reducing landfill waste, and mitigating the effects of climate change.
The Plastic Free July challenge provides resources and ideas to help participants (and millions of others around the world) reduce single-use plastic waste every day at home, work, school, and in the community.
How to get involved (for free!) in six easy steps:
- Register for the challenge. Participants receive weekly tips to help them to keep motivated, and enjoy stories from others around the world who are reducing plastic in their lives
- Take the Pesky Plastics Quiz to find some popular ideas to reduce plastic waste
- Ask us for posters for your workplace, school or local businesses – or download some now
- Get some free Plastic Free July resources for your school
- Read inspiring stories of what others do
- Follow Plastic Free July on Facebook or Instagram
- Register for one of these online workshops or events.
Previous webinars can also be accessed via Plastic Free July's YouTube page.