Donald McLean Reserve Improvement Plan
The Victorian Government has partnered with Hobsons Bay City Council to deliver a package of improvements to the sporting facilities and recreational spaces in areas impacted by works associated with the West Gate Tunnel Project.
Donald McLean Reserve is being upgraded to provide the community with an improved open and recreation space.
The Donald McLean Reserve Master Plan underwent extensive community consultation and was endorsed by Council in 2013. Due to the design of the West Gate Tunnel and the off ramps leading to Hyde Street, this plan required revision to suit the change in environment. In 2019, Council sought further community input and, from this, the Donald McLean Reserve Improvement Plan was designed.
For more details on the Donald McLean Reserve Improvement Plan, to view previous project updates and to be informed of upcoming community engagement opportunities visit www.participate.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/donaldmclean.
1 May 2020
Construction works update
- floodlights have been installed for both ovals
- development of the multi-purpose netball and tennis court facility continues
- oval 1 to be reopened for public access on 7 May 2020
- oval 2 to be closed from the 8 May to 15 June 2020 for irrigation and turf works
- demolition works in June 2020 for the preparation for the new W H Couch Pavilion
- development of the new cricket practice nets to commence in July 2020
- redevelopment of on-street car parking on The Avenue and Creek Street after July 2020
The current climate is a rapidly evolving landscape and we will keep you updated should changes to the project occur. All aspects of the project are being delivered with strict adherence to social distancing requirements, as directed by the state and federal governments.
For more information on changes to Council services, visit www.hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
The Avenue, Spotswood 3015 View Map