The Best Value Principles in section 208B of the Local Government Act 1989 stipulates that Council must:
- develop quality and cost standards setting out performance outcomes in relation to the provision of community services
- provide services that are responsive to community needs
- provide services that are accessible to intended recipients of the service
- adhere to continuous improvement in service provision
- consult regularly with the community regarding its services
- report regularly to its community on its Best Value achievements
Council's performance against these standards is reported in the Annual Report.