Hobsons Bay’s rich natural environment is one of its greatest assets. The area boasts over 20 kilometres of beaches and foreshore areas and is home to significant coastal wetlands, five creek systems, remnant native grasslands, and important flora and fauna habitats. Hobsons Bay is susceptible to the impacts of a changing climate and in order to support our community and to protect our natural environment Council is calling for:
- Foreshore - increase financial contributions to support the development of new infrastructure, ongoing maintenance of existing infrastructure, and management of the foreshore, including beautification of the Yarra Foreshore
- Enviro Centre - funding to support the development of an Enviro Centre in Hobsons Bay
- National Construction Code - reforms to the National Construction Code to improve the sustainability of all buildings types to reduce the impact of climate change
- Storm Water Harvesting - funding to increase ability to undertake storm water harvesting
- Monitoring Air Quality – increasing the air quality monitoring senor network to protect health and improve evidence for emissions reductions
- Storm Water Litter Trap – work with Melbourne Water to install Gross Pollutant Traps (GPT) to decrease litter within the bay.