Westside FReeZA Committee
What's on with FReeZA?
Hobsons Bay UP & The Push present two incredible workshops for young people interested in creative industries! Whether you are a performer or would love to learn more about the behind the scenes of events & marketing, these upcoming workshops are a great starting point.
Intro Into Event Management, Tuesday 21 September 2021 (2pm to 4pm).
Get stuck into the basics of event management with an introductory look at the different kinds of events, phases of event management and how an event team works together. Cost: FREE.
How to Promote a Project, Thursday 30 September 2021 (11am to 1pm).
In this workshop you’ll learn how to create a brand that sticks. Explore how to define the identity of your project and how to create strong visual and written content to match. Cost: FREE.
Both of these workshops will be delivered online via Zoom, all free of charge. To participate in either of these workshops, register using the form below. For any enquiries regarding this, please contact the Hobsons Bay UP team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who is Westside FReeZA?
Westside FReeZA is a group of local young people (12-25) that come together to plan and stage live events and workshops in Hobsons Bay. Applications are now open for the 2021 committee!
- provide music and arts based events for young people living in Hobsons Bay
- provide the opportunity to learn and develop skills in the music industry, such as organising events and developing personal skills
- undertake training in audio engineering to record bands and artists in the recording studio at Newport Community Hub
- give people the opportunity to interact with new peers and Youth Services staff members
- offer the opportunity for young people to develop skills in the music industry and organising events
- promote the ability to participate in safe, secure, drug, alcohol and smoke free events
- showcase musical young talents in Hobsons Bay area
- developing ‘FReeZA’ events
- develop audio technician skills
- record bands and artists in the Recording Studio
- get qualifications such as food handling, first aid and more
- booking bands and artists
- hiring venues and security
- organising staging, sound and lighting
- stage managing
- operating kiosk and first aid operation
- designing and distributing advertisement material
Westside FReeZA meets every second Wednesday during school terms from 4.30pm to 5.30pm at Hobsons Bay UP, Level 1, 13 Mason Street, Newport OR online (dependent on Coronavirus restrictions and participant preferences).
Visit the Westside FReeZA Facebook Page and Hobsons Bay UP to keep up to date with events happening around Hobsons Bay.
For more information on Westside FReeZA contact Hobsons Bay UP on email@example.com