Westside FReeZA Committee
What's on with FReeZA?
The 2023 events and activations are currently being planned by the FReeZa committee.
Some key events to expect are:
Open Mic Nights - Throughout 2023
All events are expected to go ahead with more details to come in the New Year.
Who is Westside FReeZA?
Westside FReeZA is a group of local young people (12-25) that come together to plan and stage live events and workshops in Hobsons Bay. Applications are now open for the 2023 FReeZa committee!
- provide events for young people by young people in Hobsons Bay
- provide the opportunity for all young people from Hobsons Bay to participate in events for young people, by young people
- make decisions and lead in the staging of events, whilst also broadening networks within the community by connecting with local businesses, schools and other organisations.
- give people the opportunity to interact with new peers and Youth Services staff members
- being a part of a FReeZA committee also builds self-confidence, create and develop professional relationships, and provide opportunities to explore various education and employment pathways in the music industry.
- access live music events and other cultural, recreational, and artistic events that are drug, alcohol and smoke-free in supervised and safe venues
- provides important performance opportunities for local musicians and emerging artists to showcase their talents through state-wide competitions such as the annual Push All-Ages Tour.
- developing and implementing ‘FReeZA’ events
- develop audio technician skills
- booking bands, artists, and performers
- hiring of venues and security
- ·organising staging, sound, and lighting
- stage managing and MCing
- designing and distributing advertisement material
Westside FReeZA meets every Wednesday during school terms from 4:30pm to 6:00pm at Hobsons Bay Youth Services, Level 1, 13 Mason Street, Newport.
Visit Hobsons Bay Youth Services to find out more!
For more information on Westside FReeZA contact Hobsons Bay Youth Services on email@example.com