Tuning Into Teens
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting
Would you like to learn how to:
- communicate more effectively with your teen?
- understand your teen better?
- help your teen to manage difficult emotions?
- help to prevent behavioural issues in your teen?
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict more effectively?
If you answered 'yes' to any of the above, Tuning Into Teens may be able to help you!
Tuning Into Teens is a free six-session parenting program designed for parents of teens. This is an emotion coaching program that educates parents towards helping their teens to develop emotional intelligence.
Research shows teens with higher emotional intelligence:
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
- are able to deal with peer pressure better
- are more able to cope positively when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health issues and substance abuse difficulties
- have greater career success
Tuning Into Teens is facilitated by Hobsons Bay City Council and Hobsons Bay Youth Services.
Term 1 (online) - 15 February to 8 March, occurring each Tuesday evening.
Booster: 26 April
Term 2 (online) - dates TBC
Term 3 (online) - dates TBC
Term 4 (online) - dates TBC
Please register your interest for the 2022 sessions in the form below or call Hobsons Bay Youth Services on 9932 4000 or email email@example.com for more information.