Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Council services are changing
Hobsons Bay Toy Library is closed during Stage 4 restrictions.
Information about Council's response to Coronavirus and the effect on services can be found here.
Please refer to the Hobsons Bay Toy Library Facebook page for up-to-date operating information https://www.facebook.com/Hobsonsbaytoylibrary
What is a toy library?
A toy library gives families the opportunity to borrow high quality play equipment that help in the education of young children.
The toy library caters for pre-school children (zero to six years), but older children can also borrow items. Items can be borrowed for a maximum of two weeks at a time.
The toy library catalogue includes:
- dress ups
- construction toys
- musical instruments
- scientific toys
- ride on
- baby toys
- toys that develop self-expression and coordination
Benefits of joining a toy library
- test run new/different toys and save money and space on unwanted toys
- encourage your child’s independent and imaginative thinking by allowing them to learn new things or challenge existing skills through exploration with different toys
- use the variety and versatility of toy library toys to challenge and excite your child through play
- meet other people with young children and share your experiences of play, parenting and the local community
Address & hours of operation
There are two toy libraries in Hobsons Bay.
Newport Toy Library
Early Years Centre
51 Maddox Road, Newport
Thursday: 9am to 1pm
Saturday: 9am to 3pm
Laverton Toy Library
15 Crown Street,
Thursday: 10am to 12pm
Saturday: 10am to 12pm
Membership fees are based on the number of children. You can select to pay your membership either yearly or half yearly. Membership must be renewed either six or 12 months from the date you joined.