Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Council services are changing.
Information about Council's response to Coronavirus and the effect on services can be found here.
What is a supported playgroup?
Supported playgroups are a safe and friendly place for you and your child to have fun while receiving parenting tips and support. Sessions are run weekly during school terms by qualified early years professionals in your local community. Supported playgroup is a great way to meet other families in your local area and one-on-one in-home support is also optional for eligible families.
Who is eligible to attend?
Supported playgroups are available to:
- families with a Commonwealth Health Care Card (or visa equivalent for refugees and migrants)
- families where a family member who has identified as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- families who are looking after children in kinship care (out of home care)
- families referred by Child FIRST
- families referred from or receiving enhanced Maternal and Child Health services
Supported playgroups are currently located in the following venues:
- Eastona Park Kindergarten Altona North
- Laverton Community Children’s Centre
- St Martin De Porres Primary School Laverton
- Altona Meadows Kindergarten
- Newport Gardens Early Learning Centre
- Laverton P-12 College
- Altona Meadows Community Centre
- Laverton Nth Kindergarten
- Altona Early years Hub
To participate in a supported playgroup, families are required to meet set eligibility criteria. For more information on how to register please complete the form below.