Council runs an occasional care service for children under six years old at Altona Meadows Community Centre from 8.45am to 12.45pm on Thursday and Friday mornings during school term.
Per four-hour session
Two or more children per family
$29.50 per child for subsequent children, or if you have a Health Care Card
Payments can be made by EFTPOS or cash.
Families can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 1300 179 944 to ensure they are on the mailing list for future information about booking.
Altona Meadows Community Centre
28–36 Trafalgar Avenue
The service is committed to providing a high quality care and education program to children based on the Early Years Learning Framework and Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework.
The service can take 15 children per session. Ten places per session will be filled with permanent bookings (for the term), and five places will be filled casually. Every child must have a completed enrolment form prior to attending a session; this can be handed to the program leader at Occasional Care.
Children cannot be dropped off early and must be picked up by 12.45pm.
What is provided?
- a range of stimulating activities and experiences is set up to cater for individual children aged from birth to school age. This includes an indoor and outdoor program.
- a team of professional, qualified and experienced educators who are committed to providing high quality care and education to the children
- nutritional snacks are provided for morning tea.
Other Occasional Care Programs
- Laverton Community Children's Centre (Alternative Care) 9360 0964
- Outlets Co-Operative Limited 9391 8504
- South Kingsville Community Centre 9399 3000
- Williamstown Community and Education Centre 9397 6168
For more information please call the Occasional Care team on 1300 179 944 or complete the form below.