Expression of Interest for Laneway Gallery are now closed
Applications are currently being reviewed. Stay tuned for an exciting new July to December 2021 exhibition program that explores First Nations (including local place and heritage); diversity, biodiversity and the environment; social justice and inclusion; sustainability; and gender and equality at Woods Street Arts Space, Laverton.
Laneway Gallery, a component of Woods Street Arts Space in Laverton's general programming, is a commission-based temporary public art project that exhibits artworks on a series of four billboards and an optional digital site on a two-month rotational basis, with six commissions per year.
The billboards are sited at the front and in the side laneway of Woods Street Arts Space, with one large billboard on the front building facade (square), three smaller billboards in the gated laneway perpendicular to Woods Street (rectangular) and a digital art space that converts the front window of Woods Street Art Space into a site that projects moving image with optional sound. Artists and arts collectives are invited to submit artwork for all four Laneway Gallery billboards and/or the Projection Window at Woods Street Arts Space responding to one of the following themes:
- First Nations (including local place and heritage)
- Diversity - Biodiversity and the environment
- Social justice and inclusion
- Gender and Equality
The program will run between July – December 2021.
• Applications will be assessed by an internal selection panel comprising of industry professionals
• Artists living, working or studying in Hobsons Bay will be given priority
• Artists who study, live, work, reside or have a connection to the inner and Western suburbs of Melbourne from the Cities of Hobsons Bay, Wyndham, Maribyrnong, Brimbank, Melton, Moonee Valley, Geelong, or Melbourne
• Artists over the age of 18 at time of entry
• Hobsons Bay City Council employees are not eligible to apply
For further information please contact the Arts, Culture and Heritage team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the Creative City and Hobsons Bay City Council Facebook pages or sign-up to the monthly Arts and Events eNews for updates on Creative City's creative opportunities.