The Joel Gallery is a contemporary exhibition space designed to provide a quality yet affordable opportunity for professional and emerging artists. The gallery aims to promote the value and importance of arts in Hobsons Bay by developing and maintaining a diverse program of visual arts exhibitions. It also seeks to support and strengthen the capacity of local artists to engage with the community and initiate programs that assist with community cultural development.
Joel Gallery is superbly located with views of Altona Beach, the historic Altona Homestead and Logan Park Reserve.
The gallery space has an area of 72sq metres with over 20 metres of hanging space and features a polished wooden floor adjustable track lighting and display blocks for sculptures.
Other available features include -
- Moveable and flexibly configured double sided display panels
- Five multi shelved glass display cases with internal lighting
- A kitchen to support light catering with tea and coffee making facilities
- Meeting foyer space for launch drinks and nibbles
- Large courtyard and gardens with seating and decking
- Wheel chair access to the gallery and Centre
- Air conditioning
- Out of hours monitored security alarm system
- Ample on site parking as well as off street parking available
- Easily accessible by public transport
- Exhibition featured on our website and afterwards added to our website achive
Local artists based in Hobsons Bay as well as artists from Greater Melbourne, regional or interstate communities are invited to submit exhibition proposals. Information regarding submission procedures and exhibition fees are by contacting the Centre Manager on 9398 2511.