Building services

Around the home

Requirements for pools, fencing, asbestos, energy efficiency, water tanks, smoke alarms and more.

Building permits

If you are carrying out building work you must obtain a building permit before starting work.

Building information requests

Request building information specific to a property

Council report & consent

Information about applications for dispensation to vary certain building regulations.

Safety, Enforcement & Disputes

Request an investigation, learn essential safety measures and see the Statutory Building Control.

Victorian Building Authority

The Victorian Building Authority is a statutory authority that oversees the building control system in Victoria.