Amendment C96 – 222-258 Kororoit Creek Road Williamstown North
Amendment C96 and the associated planning permit for an aged care facility was approved by the Minister for Planning and came into operation when a notice was placed in the Government Gazette on 5 November 2015.
The Planning Scheme Amendment applies to land at 222 to 238 and 240 to 258 Kororoit Creek Road, Williamstown North. The Planning Permit application only applies to land at 240-258 Kororoit Creek Road, Williamstown North.
Amendment C96 :
- rezones the land from the Industrial 3 Zone to the General Residential Zone with a schedule. The General Residential Zone will allow residential development on both properties and the proposed schedule will outline specific requirements for the future development of the site such as the front fence height and requirements for a social impact assessment, traffic report and vegetation assessment
- applies the Design and Development Overlay to the entire site to ensure development is in keeping with the existing and preferred character of Williamstown North
- applies the Environmental Audit Overlay to the entire site to ensure the site is remediated from any land contamination prior to the use of the land for residential purposes
The Planning Permit Application allows:
- a two lot subdivision
- use and development of a 90 bed, two storey aged care facility
- construction of Hygeia Avenue to the west of the site to provide access to the aged care facility
- construction of a new road between the two proposed lots
The Amendment and Planning Permit Application was exhibited between 21 August 2014 and 3 October 2014 during which time eight submissions were received by Council. A Panel Hearing occurred over five days during February 2015. Council adopted Amendment C96 at its meeting on 26 May 2015.
Amendment documents are available for inspection during office hours at the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre, 115 Civic Parade, Altona and all approved Amendment documents are available on the Amendments Online website.