Amendment C112 - Gaming Policy
The Minister for Planning approved Amendment C112 to the Hobsons Bay Planning Scheme and a notice appeared in the Victoria Government Gazette on 15 November 2018.
Hobsons Bay City Council prepared Problem Gambling - Electronic Gaming Machines (EGMs) Policy Statement 2015 to minimise and manage the negative impacts of EGM gambling for the municipality.
Amendment C112 implemented the findings of Council’s Policy Statement 2015 into the Hobsons Bay Planning Scheme.
The amendment will provide greater clarity and guidance for those associated with the assessment of planning permit applications related to EGMs and their operations.
In particular, the amendment:
- updated the contents page to introduce a reference to Clause 22.12 Gaming Policy
- amended the Municipal Strategic Statement at Clause 21.03-1 - Reference documents to add Hobsons Bay Problem Gaming – Electronic Gaming Machines (EGMs) Policy Statement, 2015 as a reference document
- amended the Local Planning Policy at Clause 21.03-2
- amended the Local Planning Policy at Clause 21.08
- inserted a new Clause 22.12 titled Gaming Policy into the Hobsons Bay Planning Scheme
- amended the Particular Provisions at Clause 52.28
A full copy of the amendment is available on the Council website via Greenlight.
Alternatively if you would like to discuss the amendment, please contact the Strategic Planning unit on 9932 1000.