Amendment C110 - Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill site Development Contributions Plan
A Development Contributions Plan Overlay (DCPO) was introduced into the Hobsons Bay Planning Scheme by the Minister for Planning on 18 June 2015 under Amendment C105. As required by the DCPO, the Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill Development Contributions Plan 2015-2025, April 2016 (the DCP) has been prepared for the Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill (FPPWM) site in Williamstown.
The DCP proposes that a developer within the FPPWM site must pay a levy towards supporting a range of planned infrastructure projects which are required to accommodate the future population of the site and the future population of Williamstown as a whole. It is also proposed that a developer seeking to subdivide land within the FPPWM site will be required to pay an open space levy.
These levies give effect to the recommendations of the Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill Advisory Committee and address the community’s view that development contributions are an integral requirement for the successful redevelopment of this site.
Amendment C110 was approved on 21 July 2016 and was prepared and adopted by the Minster for Planning under the provisions of 20(4) of the Planning and Environment Act 1987 to implement the above requirements.
What does Amendment C110 do?
The Amendment introduces the requirement for:
- a contribution of $2,468.64 per dwelling to be paid to Council towards planned infrastructure projects, as outlined in the Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill Development Contributions Plan 2015-2025, April 2016, before a permit can be granted to subdivide land, construct a building or construct or carry out works within the FPPWM site
- a monetary contribution of five per cent of the site value be paid to Council towards public open space improvements as part of the subdivision of land in the FPPWM site
- amends the Policy Guidance and the Applications of Zones and Overlays sections in Clause 21.03-2 Strategic Redevelopment Areas in the Local Planning Policy Framework
- amends Schedule 1 to Clause 45.06 Development Contribution Plan Overlay
- amends the Schedule to Clause 52.01 Public Open Space Contribution and Subdivision
- amends the Schedule to Clause 81.01 to incorporate the Former Port Phillip Woollen Mill Development Contributions Plan 2015-2025, April 2016 into the Hobsons Bay Planning Scheme
A copy of the Amendment can be inspected, free of charge, during office hours at the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre, 115 Civic Parade Altona or at the Department of Transport, Planning and Local Infrastructure website at http://planning-schemes.delwp.vic.gov.au/updates-and-amendments.