Solar power savings
Council is working with Positive Charge to assist residents who are considering installing solar. Please contact Positive Charge on 9385 8555 to start the discussion about installing solar on your property. Click here for more information.
Information sessions are being held on:
- Monday 9 October, 6:30pm at Laverton Community Hub, Railway Avenue, Laverton
- Monday 16 October, 6:30pm at Newport Community Hub, Mason Street, Newport
Council’s 2015-16 residential solar program assisted over 170 households to install solar panels on their roofs. These households can now enjoy reduced energy bills as well as the feel-good factor that comes with producing your own renewable energy at your home or business.
Our 2015-16 program provided:
- 1,915 solar panels across over 170 households
- 498 kW of solar power capacity installed
- 825 tonnes of greenhouse gas savings per annum
- over $1 million community investment in renewable energy
Ongoing support for program participants is available from Positive Charge, a not-for-profit organisation. Contact them on 9385 8555.
If you are interested in installing solar at your home, look at the Clean Energy Council’s 'Guide to Installing Solar PV for Households'
Click here to find out if you need a planning permit for solar panels
Do you have more questions? Please see our frequently asked questions and answers below.
Our Solar program - Frequently asked questions
If you wish to speak to someone at Council, please contact the Sustainability team on 9932 1000.