Road and footpath maintenance
The Council undertakes maintenance of all constructed roads in the municipality with the exception of arterial roads which are the responsibility of VicRoads.
Any potholes or maintenance requirements of Council controlled roads may be reported directly to the Council on 9932 1000 or reported online.
Arterial Road Maintenance
VicRoads took over responsibility and maintenance for all arterial roads on 1st January 2005.
The Council by arrangement with VicRoads undertakes street sweeping, litter control, grass cutting, weed spraying and tree care.
For notification of hazards or matters requiring maintenance in the arterial road network contact VicRoads Monday to Friday (working hours) on 9313 1333 or after hours and weekends VicRoads Traffic Management Centre on 13 11 70 or 9855 7500.
Arterial roads that fall under the control of VicRoads:
- Blackshaws Road;
- Central Avenue;
- Civic Parade (Millers Road to Maidstone Street);
- Dohertys Road;
- Douglas Parade (North Road to Simcock Avenue);
- Grieve Parade (Kororoit Creek Road to Princes Highway);
- Hyde Street;
- Kororoit Creek Road (Melbourne Road to Princes Highway);
- Maidstone Street (Queen Street to Kororoit Creek Road);
- Millers Road (Civic Parade to Princes Highway);
- North Road (Melbourne Road to Douglas Parade);
- Old Geelong Road;
- Point Cook Road;
- Queen Street (Maidstone Street to Merton Street); and
- Melbourne Road (Freeway to Ferguson Street).
Any maintenance requirement, eg damaged or raised footpath, may be reported to the Council directly on 9932 1000 or online.
View the current footpath works here.
Laneways that are unmade (unsurfaced) are not maintained by the Council. Unmade laneways are the responsibility of adjoining owners. If a majority of adjoining owners wish to have their laneway constructed, the Council will prepare a Special Charge Scheme for construction with the costs being the responsibility of the owners. The Council would then be responsible for the maintenance of the laneway.