Documents Available for Inspection
The Council must make specific information and documents available for the public to view, under Section 11 of the Local Government (General) Regulations 2004.
The following information can be inspected by appointment at the Hobsons Bay Civic Centre, Civic Parade, Altona, during office hours:
- Returns of Interest (during the financial year) submitted by councillors and Council officers;
- Agendas and minutes of ordinary and special meetings held in the previous 12 months;
- A list of special committees established by the Council;
- A list of special committees established by the Council that were abolished or ceased during the financial year;
- Minutes of meetings of special committees;
- Register of delegations;
- Current allowances for the Mayor and councillors;
- Overseas or interstate travel undertaken in an official capacity by Councillors and Council staff members in the previous 12 months;
- Register of authorised officers appointed by the Council under section 224 of the Local Government Act;
- Current senior officers’ total salary packages for the current and previous financial year;
- Submissions received by the Council in accordance with section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989;
- Agreements to establish regional libraries;
- Details of all property, finance and operating leases involving land, buildings, plant, computer equipment or vehicles entered into by the Council as a lessor or lessee;
- A list of donations and grants made by the Council during the financial year;
- A list of organisations of which the Council was a member during the financial year; and
- A list of contracts valued at $100,000 or more that the Council entered into during the financial year without first engaging in a competitive process.
To arrange an appointment or for more information contact the Governance Coordinator on 9932 1000.