Freedom of Information
The Freedom of Information Act 1982 gives members of the public the opportunity to access documents held by the Council that came into existence after 1st January 1989.
However, not all information is automatically available. Under the Act, certain information is exempt from access, such as personal information about other people or information communicated in confidence. If all or part of a document is exempted from access, the reasons for the exemption and avenues for appeal will be set out in writing.
Making a request
- FOI requests must be in writing. An application form can be downloaded or sent to you;
- Your application should clearly state the specific documents you wish to access;
- An application fee of $25.10 applies from 1st July 2012;
- Access charges may also apply for services such as photocopying and search time. If estimated access charges exceed $50, a deposit may be required;
- All charges are set by government regulations; and
- Completed applications must be sent to the Freedom of Information Officer, Hobsons Bay City Council, PO Box 21, Altona, VIC, 3018 or email@example.com
Once the Council has received your application form and fee, you will receive a written response within 45 days.
For further information please contact the Council’s Freedom of Information Officer on 9932 1000.