The Best Value Principles in section 208B of the Local Government Act 1989 stipulates that the Council must:
- Develop quality and cost standards setting out performance outcomes in relation to the provision of community services;
- Provide services that are responsive to community needs;
- Provide services that are accessible to intended recipients of the service;
- Adhere to continuous improvement in service provision;
- Consult regularly with the community regarding its services; and
- Report regularly to its community on its Best Value achievements.
View the Council's Best Value standards.
The Council's performance against these standards is reported in the Annual Report.