FLU and KAOS
Are you aged between 12- 25 years, and want to make a difference in the community? If you answered yes, Future Leaders Unite (FLU) might be just the thing for you. FLU is a leadership group run by a group of passionate young people while fully supported by the dedicated team from Hobsons Bay Youth Services. FLU plan events and recognize the amazing things young people contribute to the community.
The committee meets once a week on Wednesday afternoons during school terms from 6.00pm to 7.30pm at Altona Meadows Library and Learning Centre located at 2 Newham Way, Altona Meadows and is supported by the Council's Youth and Community Support Officer.
Just click on related links below to check out the latest resource created by FLU for National Youth Week 2013 called Healthy Active Booklet 2013
FReeZA is an innovative youth development program providing young people between the ages of 12 and 25 with the opportunity to attend affordable and accessible music and cultural events.
Through funding provided by the Office for Youth, FReeZA presents you with the opportunity to become a part of a local FReeZA committee to plan and deliver these events. FReeZA offers you the chance to develop a broad range of skills and the opportunity to stage events for other young people in your local community.
KAOS Committee is the local FReeZA committee for Hobsons Bay area and is conformed by a group for young people between 12 and 25 years who are interested in contributing and learning about the behind the scenes components required to stage a band or dance party events.
Our objectives are:
- To provide music and arts-based activities and events for young people living in Hobsons Bay area;
- To supply learning and developing skills in the music industry, such as organising events and developing personal skills;
- To give people the opportunity to interact with peers and Youth Services staff and to meet new people; and
- To familiarise young people with other services provided by Youth Services and encourage them to access the services.
Our key outcomes are:
- To offer the opportunity for young people to develop skills in the music industry and organising events;
- To promote the ability for young people to participate in safe, secure, drug, alcohol and smoke free events; and
- To showcase musical talents of young people in Hobsons Bay area.
The KAOS Committee organises everything including:
- Booking bands and DJs;
- Hiring venues;
- Organising staging;
- Promotional material and advertising;
- Stage management;
- Kiosk operation; and
- Collecting entry fees.
Interested in finding out more?
The committee meets once a week on Wednesday afternoons during school terms from 6.00pm to 7.30pm at Altona Meadows Library and Learning Centre located at 2 Newham Way, Altona Meadows and is chaired by the Council's Youth and Community Support Officer.
If you wish to be part of our FLU or KAOS Committee, please call 9932 4000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org