What is Metro Access
Metro Access is a partnership initiative between Councils and the Victorian Government.
The aim of Metro Access is to make it easier for people with a disability to get around and join in activities in their local community. The Metro Access program assists the Council to implement its Disability Action Plan.
Metro Access and Inclusion Officer
The role of the Metro Access and Inclusion Officer is to:
educate the community about the needs, aspirations and abilities of people with a disability;
work with the community to develop and implement responses to community priorities;
work towards improving physical access and social inclusion; and
improve the way people with a disability receive and access information.
Contact the Metro Access and Inclusion Officer if you:
would like to work out ways to increase the participation of people with a disability in the community;
are a person with a disability or a carer wanting to get involved in community planning and informing the Council of how things could be improved;
are a disability service provider wanting to increase social inclusion for people who have a disability;
are a business or organisation wanting to know how you can be more accessible; or
want to know ways in which you can improve communication for people with a disability.
Metro Access is involved in a range of projects. For more information on Metro Access initiatives visit the following pages:
Accessible facilities and features
Services and information
Programs and events
Access to places and spaces maps
Current MetroAccess Resources in Hobsons Bay
- Improving Access in your Home (PDF, 598KB)
- Access Aids and Equipment for the Home(PDF, 606KB)
- Hiring Accessible Equipment for Events(PDF, 597KB)
- Business and Building Lessees(PDF, 604KB)
- Business and Building Owners(PDF, 605KB)
- Improving Access in your Home(DOCX, 22KB)
- Access Aids and Equipment for the Home(DOCX, 21KB)
- Hiring Accessible Equipment for Events(DOCX, 21KB)
- Business and Building Lessees(DOCX, 18KB)
- Business and Building Owners(DOCX, 18KB)
- Access to Places and Spaces Download Instructions(PDF, 477KB)
For further information please contact the Council's Metro Access and Inclusion Officer on 9932 1000.
More information about the Metro Access program is available from the Department of Human Services at www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disability