What is Metro Access
Metro Access is a partnership initiative between Councils and the Victorian Government.
The aim of Metro Access is to make it easier for people with a disability to get around and join in activities in their local community. The Metro Access program assists the Council to implement its Disability Action Plan.
Metro Access worker
The role of the Metro Access worker is to:
- educate the community about the needs, aspirations and abilities of people with a disability;
- work with the community to develop and implement responses to community priorities;
- work towards improving physical access and social inclusion; and
- improve the way people with a disability receive and access information.
Contact the MetroAccess Officer if you:
- would like to work out ways to increase the participation of people with a disability in the community;
- are a person with a disability wanting to get involved in community planning and informing council how to do things better;
- are a disability service provider wanting to increase social inclusion for people who have a disability; and
- want to know ways in which you can improve communication for people with a disability.
Current MetroAccess Resources in Hobsons Bay
For further information please contact the Council's Metro Access Project Worker on 9932 1000.
More information about the Metro Access program is available from the Department of Human Services at www.dhs.vic.gov.au/disability