Hobsons Bay City Council - Assessment



Intake, Information and Referral Support

Should you feel that any of the Council’s Community Care services may be of help to you or someone you are caring for, you can find out more or make a referral by contacting us on 9932 1000 or by email IntakeOfficer@hobsonsbay.vic.gov.au .

An Intake Officer will be able to provide you with information about the Council’s services as well as advice about other services within the local area that would be of assistance to you.


Our assessment and care coordination service involves an Assessment Officer visiting your home to conduct a Living at Home Assessment.

The assessment is conducted in partnership with you, your carer or family and includes the following:

  • identifying your individual support needs;
  • assisting you access, plan and coordinate services such as allied health by Isis Primary Care;
  • Aged Care Assessment Services, social support services, and carers support programs by Carers Victoria;
  • determining your eligibility and priority of access to the Council’s support services that include in-home support, overnight respite care, group based social support, and meals services;
  • promoting independence and maximising your capacity; and
  • identifying and reducing occupational health and safety risks for you, and the Council’s staff.



To be eligible for a Living at Home Assessment you need to be 65 and over and/or have a diagnosed disability.

Related Content
Rate this page

Was the information useful to you?