Assessment & care management
Intake, information & referral support
Should you feel that any of Council’s community care services may be of help to you or someone you are caring for, you can find out more or make a referral by contacting us on 9932 1530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Intake Officer can provide you with information about Council’s services as well as advice about other local services that might be of assistance.
Our assessment and care coordination service involves an Assessment Officer visiting your home to conduct a Living at Home Assessment.
The assessment is conducted in partnership with you, your carer or family and includes the following:
- identifying your individual support needs
- assisting you access, plan and coordinate services such as allied health by Isis Primary Care
- aged Care Assessment Services, social support services, and carers support programs by Carers Victoria
- determining your eligibility and priority of access to Council’s support services that include in-home support, overnight respite care, group based social support, and meals services
- promoting independence and maximising your capacity
- identifying and reducing occupational health and safety risks for you, and Council’s staff
To be eligible for a Living at Home Assessment you need to be 65 and over and/or have a diagnosed disability.
We currently have 80 Community Aged Care Packages.
The CACPS program aims to assist residents who are identified as needing at least low level residential care to remain living in their own homes. The Care Manager works with the client, their family and carer to plan and coordinate services. Support services are reviewed and adjusted as necessary to meet the client’s changing needs.
The type of services provided may include:
- personal support such as showering or sponge washing
- grooming, toileting, and dressing
- prompting of medication
- light housework and laundry assistance
- meals delivery, preparation or assistance
- transport/escorting for shopping and appointments
- home maintenance
- social and emotional support and monitoring
- respite care in the home
- rehabilitation support
The program is only available to people who have been assessed as eligible by Western Health - Aged Care Assessment Service.