What is the Newport Community Hub?
The Newport Community Hub was opened on 2 September 2016.
This $9.3 million project was funded by Hobsons Bay City Council and the State Government.
The modern design of the new building adjoins the fully renovated, heritage listed Mechanics Hall.
Services operating from the hub include:
- Belong – youth lounge
- Aspire – learning lab
- Create – audio visual studio
Regular programs include:
Environmentally sustainable design features include:
- louvres for natural ventilation
- water tanks harvesting and storing rainwater
- double glazed windows
- sun blades tracking and blocking direct sunlight to the upper windows
- solar panels installed in 2018
Download our venue fast facts
Spaces available for hire include:
- the Mechanics Hall
- multipurpose program spaces
- small meeting rooms
- community kitchen
- office/interview space
- a music suite – featuring acoustically treated rehearsal studio and editing space
Download our Venue Hire -Booking Application(PDF, 88KB).
Download our Venue Hire - Terms and Conditions(PDF, 254KB)
Download our Venue Hire - Fees and Charges(PDF, 174KB)
Newport Community Hub contact details
13 Mason Street, Newport 3015
Melways Ref: 55 J4
Phone: (03) 9932 1234
Newport Community Hub opening hours
Monday – Thursday 8.30am to 7pm
Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday 10am to 1pm
Venue hire available outside opening hours including Sundays