Upgrade your lights through our Light$mart program
Hobsons Bay City Council is working with local businesses and community organisations to install energy efficient lighting, to help save money and energy and reduce maintenance costs.
As a Hobsons Bay business you are eligible for a subsidy of up to $5,000* to reduce the payback period of your lighting upgrade!
Based on the successful 2015/16 Light$mart program, the process involves:
- a FREE and simple lighting assessment of your business
- accessing your electricity bills to accurately measure your energy, greenhouse emissions, financial savings and payback period
- providing you with a quotation
- quality customer service during installation and throughout the whole process
In 2015-16 the program delivered the following benefits to nine local businesses:
- over 2,100 lights upgraded
- $116,000 in energy and maintenance cost savings per annum
- a reduction of more than 550,000 kWh electricity per annum
- an annual saving of almost 700 tonnes of greenhouse gas emissions
Light$mart case study - Sahara Logistics(PDF, 290KB)
“This energy savings program has really been a “no brainer” since it is great for the environment, has a very quick pay back and provides such an improvement of the working conditions and appearance of our business” says Dietmar Hildebrand, CEO, Australian Fluid Handling.
For more information or to participate in the Hobsons Bay Light$mart program, please contact the Sustainability team on 9932 1000 or email@example.com
*Funding is available for 10% of project costs up to $5,000 per business. Subsidy is calculated after all other discounts (e.g. VEET) have been applied. Funding is limited and only available until fully allocated.
See the links below for our Energy$mart specialist websites.