Tourism Week 2018
10 September to 16 September
Melbourne Tourism Week is a great time to discover and experience all that Hobsons Bay has to offer. Here are some ideas to get you started. Call into the Hobsons Bay Visitor Information Centre to find out more about your local area.
* Visit Scienceworks in Spotswood, make learning about science a fun and interactive adventure. General admission free for children and concession.
* Unlock the secrets of the historic Williamstown waterfront and seaport on a free guided walking tour. Every Tuesday and Friday from 11.45am to 12.45pm during September. Bookings: 9932 4310.
* Explore Williamstown’s hidden lanes, abandoned morgues and burial grounds by Lantern Ghost Tours on Friday and Saturday evenings. Bookings: 1300 390 119.
* Seaworks Maritime Discovery Centre is open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays 10am to 3pm.
* Come aboard the HMAS Castlemaine Ship and Maritime Museum on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am to 4pm.
* Visit the Altona Homestead on Tuesdays between 11am and 2pm, Saturday between 10am and 12pm (except the first Saturday of the month) and the first Sunday of the month between 11am and 3pm.
* Sail aboard the Tall Ship Enterprize on Saturday 15 and 29 September and Sunday 16 and 30 September.
* Rediscover the Railway Museum in Williamstown North. Open from 12pm to 5pm on Saturdays.
* Visit Truganina Explosives Reserve in Altona on the first Sunday of the month, from 1pm to 4pm.
* Discover spring garden delights at the Williamstown Botanic Gardens.
* Explore the wonders of our open space: Newport Lakes a bushland oasis; Cherry Lake home to a range of native birds; Kororoit Creek Trail and discover the eight Geoffrey Ricardo public artworks along the way; Truganina Coastal Parklands with the 100 Steps to Federation; Skeleton Creek; and Laverton Trail.
* Melbourne Seaplanes scenic flight will be back in October. Bookings: 9397 5388.
* Paddle Board at Altona Beach, Sun Seekers Melbourne will be back in October and are taking pre-bookings for beginners on 0404 836 882.
For more information contact the Hobsons Bay Visitor Information Centre.
Click here to download the flyer.(PDF, 5MB)
Hobsons Bay Visitor Information Centre
Commonwealth Reserve, Corner Syme Street and Nelson Place, Williamstown